How does Thomas differ from other herbalists?
Thomas’ typical client has been struggling with chronic and often complex conditions for several years. They’ve normally been to several doctors and even other herbalists before they come see Thomas. Many of them have tried special diets and supplements with no success.
While Thomas is confident that he can help most people feel better no matter the health problem, clients who do best typically:
- are willing to make dietary and lifestyle changes;
- are interested in discovering and correcting the root cause of their problem instead of suppressing symptoms; and
- don’t want to rely on unnecessary pharmaceuticals
What conditions does Thomas treat?
Good herbalists don’t “treat” conditions: they treat people. Thomas has helped over 15,000 clients by putting together customized herbal and wellness programs to help with a variety of conditions including:
- Adrenal disorders
- Autoimmune disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Chronic fatigue
- Digestive disorders (IBD, IBS, GERD/Reflux)
- Female disorders (PMS, Menopause, Infertility, PCOS)
- Metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, insulin resistance
- Migraines and headaches
- Thyroid disorders
- And many more conditions
How do I make an appointment?
Thomas sees people in his office in Lowgap NC, and via distance consultation. He currently has a waiting list and it may be a few months before an appointment is available to you.
Appointments are best made via email: [email protected]
Please title your email “Consult with Thomas”
Is there anything I need to do before our appointment?
Please download and print the intake forms, fill them out, and email them to Thomas at [email protected]
Intake Form (print version)
Is Thomas a doctor?
Nope. He’s an herbalist. Therefore, he does not practice medicine and does not diagnose or treat diseases or medical conditions. His services are not meant to substitute or replace those of a licensed physician and clients in his practice are advised to be under the care of a licensed physician wherever they reside.
While Thomas has many friends that are doctors, and he respects most of them immensely, he has chosen a different path.
- Intake: (1-2 hours)
- Wellness Plan: customized for your life and your needs. Your Wellness Plan will likely include lifestyle changes, dietary suggestions, exercise recommendations, herbal therapies, etc.
- Custom herbal formulation: a unique herbal formulation (or two), included with the cost of your initial appointment. This might be soxhlet extracts, fluid extracts, tinctures, teas, topicals, etc.
- Supplement Protocol: Thomas will most likely recommend you take magnesium and vitamin D, along with any other supplement he thinks appropriate. (Cost of nutritional supplements are separate.)
- One followup appointment: (30-60min)
- Email support for 2 months
- $275 total
- Followups: $125 after the initial free recheck, recommended every 3-4 months. If it’s been longer than a year since you’ve seen me you’ll need to re-book an initial appointment.
- Custom Herbal Formulas: Your initial custom formulas are included in the cost of the first appointment. Refills are $5 per oz. for tinctures, oils and salves, and $1 per oz. for teas.
- Supplements: Our online dispensary has all of the supplements we recommend at 25% off retail. Most clients will need magnesium and vitamin D long term, with most other supplements only needed for 3-12 months.
Thomas has never turned anyone away for lack of ability to pay. If you’re struggling financially, ask for a low-cost or no-cost appointment. Thomas also supervises every case that comes into our free clinic. In essence, by booking a free appointment with one of the ESHM students or graduates, you’re working with Thomas at no cost. Our free clinic appointments include free herbs, and for the most financially underprivileged also includes supplements, additional necessary testing, and therapies. Our school subsidizes the free clinic with part of every students tuition, and with generous donations from individual donors and companies like Mountain Rose Herbs and Pure Encapsulations.