Our consultation process is an active collaboration between client and practitioner.
Please review all of the information on this page before signing up,
so you know what to expect before, during and after your consult.
ESHM STUDENT-LED FREE CLINIC
Comprehensive Care Model
Comprehensive care in our clinic means three things:
1. Wellness packages instead of single consults. When you decide to become a client, you are signing up for an initial intake, plan presentation, and two additional follow ups. We know life gets in the way of healthcare, but we ask that you sign up prepared to do follow through with the whole package.This gives you and your practitioner the time to come up with AND tweak a health plan that works for you.
2. It takes a village! Your case will be reviewed with Director Thomas Easley and Clinic Manager Mel Kasting, along with the current clinical student cohort. We are committed to creating a health plan inline with your goals and implementing this health plan at a pace, budget and size that works for you.
3. Comprehensive healthcare is multi-faceted. In addition to our herbal, nutritional and supplement suggestions, we use referrals to other practitioners (mental health professionals, body workers, physical therapists, doctors etc.) when needed to support you towards your goals.
ESHM STUDENT-LED FREE CLINIC
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of Herbalism do you practice?
We practice herbalism in a client-centered model integrating traditional western herbalism with clinical nutrition and functional medicine. It is a systems-based model that honors traditional plant-based care, while recognizing the importance of lifestyle modifications and herbal supplements, alongside functional laboratory testing, to address the whole person rather than an isolated set of symptoms or disease. Our students are equipped to handle many ailments, both acute and chronic. Each case is reviewed in-class by Thomas Easley or Mel Kasting. The creation of your personalized health plan is also supervised.
What types of appointments do you offer?
How do I make an appointment?
If you are interested in setting up an appointment with one of our student practitioners, click here to sign up.
This link will add you to our HIPAA-compliant online platform, Healthie. There you will fill out your intake paperwork. At this time you will also be able to upload any blood work or relevant testing you have gotten in the past 3-6 months into your Healthie account.
We often have a short waiting list; when you complete and submit your forms through Healthie, you will officially be on the waiting list. Our Clinical Director Mel will assess your case and assign it to the student practitioner who best suit your needs. This student will reach out to you through the chat function in Healthie to set up an appointment. Many days and times can be accommodated.
What should I expect during my consultation?
Why are your intake forms so long?
What types of suggestions will I likely find on my health plan?
Plans are unique to client needs, but you might receive suggestions such as:
- Making changes to your diet
- Beginning an exercise routine or changing the type of exercise you do
- Stress reduction techniques
- Change your sleeping habits
- Making tea or taking herbal supplements 1-4 times a day
What if I don’t like my practitioner or the direction they want to go with my health plan?
Although when signing up for our clinic, you are commiting to our comprehensive care model, that does not mean that you have to continue seeing a practitioner if you aren’t comfortable. If you don’t like your health plan, we suggest that you chat with your practitioner about your concerns. If you are still feeling uncomfortable, email Mel at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting.
Are there any costs involved?
The Eclectic School of Herbal Medicine free clinic believes that healthcare is a human right, no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
The initial intake and subsequent follow-ups are free of charge. Your first round of herbal formulas are also included, all you are required to pay is shipping. While we provide the initial herbs for you, any supplements suggested, or blood work requested will be your fiscal responsibility. We have a small budget for these things, if you truly cannot afford them, please email us. Note that we are not currently able to offer this service to most clients. Herbal formula refills average $5 an ounce for tinctures and $3 an ounce for teas. Your practitioner will let you know the cost for specially prepared formulas. You are also responsible for shipping costs.
Our current prices cover our cost for materials, production, and paying our apothecary workers a living wage to create, package, and ship your herbal formulas. If you identify as low income and cannot afford to pay full price for your herbal formulas based on the document included in your intake paperwork, follow the link below to apply for a discounted rate. This will not be available to all clients at all times.
ECLECTIC SCHOOL OF HERBAL MEDICINE
Sign Up for the Free Clinic
Thank you for reviewing our clinic information, we look forward to working with you.
Please note: after clicking the button below, you will be redirected to our online system, Healthie, to fill out your intake forms. When you submit your forms, you will officially be on the waiting list. If you don’t hear anything from our clinic within two weeks of submitting your forms, please email us at: email@example.com.
Please email the clinic if you have any additional questions.